Stem Cell Transplant Process - Day 6 Sunday

My brother and my wife and granddaughter all showed up at the same time! Woo Hoo! Good visit.

Still receiving Fludarabine and Busulfan for chemo. Uneventful day, the Sundays should be. Question of the day: If codeine makes you nauseous, at how much pain would you need to be in to take it? My answer to that, and more riveting questions, next week. Tomorrow they add Antithymocyte and then things get interesting. I'm told to expect nausea, maybe some vertigo and mouth sores within 7 days!

Nurses are still surprised that I'm not really nauseous, I hope to keep surprising them on that! I'm starting to get tired, I am not able to sleep through the night at all. They have me on extra hydration and drinking lots of water so you know where I spend most of my time, every couple of hours at night. Not to mention the iv bag changes, the vital signs being taken and then being told to get my rest! Wow, I love people with a sense of humor!

Feet were swollen up and so I started walking in my room. That fixed up the feet quickly. I tried to do some of the recommend exercises yesterday, but I think I'll hold off on that again until things heal a bit more. Monday, Tuesday, then launch day!

No comments:

Post a Comment