Day 0

Okay folks, I guess I have to apologize, I was naming the days wrong! The hospital considers the actual transplant as day 0, so I'll start to use their naming convention.

All right, on to the news. Great day! First good news, no reaction to the chemo today, hurray! Did a couple of things different, kept a lot more clothes on. The nurses were quite grateful for that.....
And really watched what my body temperature was like during and after chemo. If I felt cool, put on a blanket, going toward warm, slippers off. Very simple and common sense, but it worked for me, no chills, no fever! whoo hoo!

Now on the other good stuff! My brothers donation started approximately 9:30 this morning, and finished at 1:30 this aft. They then cleaned up the stem cell donation, did whatever else they do to it, then brought it to me at about 5:00, done by 5:25!!! Yup, that's what I said 5:25! Two nurses brought it in, hooked me to the iv, took my vitals before, during and after, and all done! Family was all here, even by skype, which was awesome. I have the best family, best friends, and best support network, bar none! I believe that has been one of the guiding factors helping me along this interesting adventure. Not mention the best medical team around. I don't think I said it enough, these people ROCK! 8-) 

I am feeling great tonight, and guess what, sounds like I'm home on day pass tomorrow! They tell me I should feel fine tonight and tomorrow, then the chemo side effects should start kicking in. I've already started to think about the process I will need to follow starting tomorrow and I will document it for posterity, starting tomorrow! ha! Pretty lackluster day, which for me was fantastic!

JBates signing off till tomorrow and into a new future!  8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment