John and Jaclyn update #3 Tuesday

All good news day!

Jaclyn is improving on a daily basis. She finally gets her son, RJ home to! woo hoo! She is speaking better, walking more, and her appetite has greatly improved.

So Tuesday was quite an interesting one for me. Started with a blood test, 10 tubes this time! Then off to get admitted, just a bit of paperwork there. Then up to the unit I will be staying at for awhile, but not quite yet. They put me in a temporary room, told be that unless there were issues, I would go home tonight, hmmmm. Well I wound up in a hospital gown and got wheeled down to radiology for center line (cvc) implant. Very interesting experience. A little different than I thought, it was actually put in the jugular, then tunneled under the skin to exit out in my upper chest. They used a very interesting ultrasound machine to locate the vein, put in the cvc, then tunnel it down to where it needed to go. Way cool stuff, wish I would have had the camera to take pictures of the equipment. The docs, nurses, assistants, and porters were all awesome people. Unfortunately for me, not only do I have strong bones, i also have tough skin and it took a bit more work for them to put the cvc in. No pain from the operation, but my neck is quite sore since it took more work work than usual to get it done. So now I have my teeth healing, my bone marrow biopsy almost healed, and now a new wound! It just doesn't get any better than that! 8-) 

My granddaughter Adrianna has started a facebook for me so please check it out, and pass it on!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?v=wall&gid=183407786579

Wednesday is my test chemo day. Should be quite boring (I hope) and yet, another new experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment