Stem Cell Transplant Process - Day 2 Wednesday

Survived the night, boy, was my neck ever sore! It felt like I had been wrestling a pro wrestler! Thankfully, most of the soreness was gone early this morning, and I didn't have to take a pain pill at all today! woo hoo! So I had my test chemo, no problems so far. The test chemo lasted about 45 minutes, then they hydrated me for the rest of the day. So I was still hooked to the iv from 8:30 - 5 today. Oh and then 2 tubes of blood taken, every hour from 9 till about 5. No wonder I feel tired. Thank goodness the laptop works like a charm so I can work without any issues. hmmm, that just doesn't sound right!  8-)

The dressing was taken off of my neck and it was changed on my chest. It's going to take a bit to get used to having something dangling out of my chest, but it's quite doable. The doctor came in, told me the enzyme count in my liver was a bit off, and voila, pills to take! It looks like I better get used to that in a hurry cuz there's a lot more pills coming my way. Saw the physiotherapist also. She was a little surprised my balance was as good as it was and that I still had strength in my shoulders. She gave me some exercises and a band to use during my stay and beyond. I am planning on continuing to surprise them throughout this process! Oh, have I said how much these people rock yet? Very nice people, very caring and supportive. My supper showed up as I was leaving, and the fellow didn't mind that I wasn't going to eat it, but he was quite concerned that I had a ride coming! Wow! I guess he must have seen people stranded!

The incision sites are still a bit sore and the amount of itchiness should drive me nuts by the weekend. But if that's the worst thing I have to worry about, I'm buying lottery tickets this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment